We’ve already written in regards to the UP 4000 SBC as a extra highly effective x86 different to Raspberry Pi 4, but when it nonetheless doesn’t reduce it, AAEON de next-TGU8 or de next-V2K8 ought to because the enterprise card-sized single board computer systems are geared up with respectively an Intel Tiger Lake processor as much as a Core i7-1185G7E, or and AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 SoC as much as Ryzen Embedded V2516.
However the comparability stops on the dimension, as each SBCs supply units of options totally different from the same old Raspberry Pi kind issue with notably as much as 16GB RAM, SATA and NVMe storage, twin Ethernet (1x 2.5GbE, 1x Gigabit Ethernet), twin 4K show output through HDMI and eDP, some USB 3.2 ports, in addition to serial and I/O interfaces through headers.
de next-TGU8/V2K8 SBC specs:
- de next-TGU8
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.80GHz / 4.40GHz with Intel UHD graphics; TDP: 15W (TPD up: 28W)
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.50GHz / 4.10GHz with Intel UHD graphics; TDP: 15W (TPD up: 28W)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.20GHz / 3.90GHz with Intel UHD graphics; TDP: 15W (TPD up: 28W)
- de next-V2K8
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2718 octa-core/16-thread processor @ 1.7 GHz / 4.15 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB L2 cache, 7CUs Radeon RX Vega 7 GPU @ 1.6 GHz; TDP: 15W (TDP up 25W)
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2516 hexa-core/12-thread processor @ 2.1 GHz / 3.95 GHz (Turbo) with 3MB L2 cache, 6 CUs Radeon RX Vega 6 GPU @ 1.5 GHz; TDP: 15W (TDP up 25W)
- de next-TGU8
- System Reminiscence – As much as 16GB LPDDR4x, 3733MT/s
- Storage – SATA III port, M.2 socket for NVMe SSD (See Enlargement part)
- HDMI 1.4b as much as 4Kp30
- eDP as much as 3840×2160 decision
- As much as 2 impartial shows
- 2.5GbE RJ45 port through Intel i225LM controller
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port through Intel i219LM (Tiger Lake) or Realtek RTL8111H (AMD Ryzen) controller
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 x2 Kind-A ports, 4x USB 2.0 interfaces through header
- Serial – 2x RS232/422/485 through header
- M2 M-Key 2280 socket (PCIe x2, PCIe x4 Gen3 (by FPC))
- 8-bit GPIO header
- elective SMBus/I2C
- Safety – fTPM
- Misc – UEFI BIOS with WoL, watchdog timer, RTC + battery (3V/240mAh), sensible fan header, HDD LED, PWR LED, Energy Button, Buzzer, Reset
- Energy Provide – +12V DC through lockable DC jack, AT/ATX kind
- Energy Consumption
- Core i7-1185G7E + LPDDR4x 16GB : 12V @ 7A, 84W (Peak throughout full loading)
- Core i7-1185G7E + LPDDR4x 16GB : 12V @ 4.58A, 55W (regular state throughout full loading )
- No numbers for the AMD Ryzen fashions but.
- Dimensions – 86 x 55mm
- Temperature Vary – Working: 0°C to 60°C, storage: -40°C to 80°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- EMC – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON doesn’t record the supported working techniques, however since these are x86 platforms Home windows and Linux needs to be supported, though Home windows 11 might solely work on the Tiger Lake mannequin (TBC).
Goal purposes are anticipated to incorporate edge AI computing, robotics, UAV/drones, and sensible transport. Cooling might be problem for a 15W processor on similar to small board, and as one ought to have anticipated there’s a big heatsink with a fan to ensure the system works optimally below most situations.
Efficiency must be examined in particulars, however for reference, chances are you’ll try UP Xtreme i11 overview with an Intel Core i7-1185GRE processor that’s much like the Core i7-1185G7E used within the de next-TGU8 SBC.
After I first learn “de enext”, I assumed it was a play on “The”, however the firm says the which means is “of/from “ in Spanish, and “de subsequent” stands for the following era IPC (industrial PC).
All data is preliminary, and we don’t have pricing but, however we do know mass manufacturing is scheduled for Q3 2022. Extra data could also be discovered on de next-TGU8 and de next-V2K8 product pages.
Jean-Luc began CNX Software program in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, earlier than quitting his job as a software program engineering supervisor, and beginning to write every day information, and critiques full time later in 2011.